Home >> Tips & Suggestions
Tips and Suggestions for Great Pictures
- Solid colors or simple patterns look best. Busy patterns on clothing are distracting.
- Medium to dark shades create a timeless look.
- Darker colors are slenderizing.
- Small jewelry/accessories compliment your face better. Avoid large, distracting accessories.
- Make sure your shoes match your outfit. They might show in some poses.
- Long sleeves are better for adults to focus attention on the face. Short sleeves are ok for infants and children.
- Your glasses are a part of you, so feel free to wear them. Our photographers are trained to minimize any glare.
Posing for the Camera
- Make sure nails are trimmed and clean.
- Simple hairstyles and natural makeup are best.
- Don't get your hair cut within 48 hours of your portrait sitting. Ideally, haircuts should happen 2 weeks prior.
- Limit your exposure to the sun for a few days before portrait day.
- Have any hair and makeup supplies available for quick touch-ups.
- Bring family members and friends to pose with you.
- Be creative and bring props. Bibles, instruments, sports gear, and family heirlooms are just some of the possibilities. What's important to you?
- Plan your outfit in advance. View our general appearance tips above to find out what works and what doesn't.
- Remember to keep good posture.
- Check your hair, shirt collar, and accessories at your photography session. Our photographers will also check these details.
- Relax and smile at the camera like it's your best friend.
- Be yourself and have fun.
Copyright 2008-2021 RomaPictures.com